The Vintage Motor Cycle Club – East Lancs Section.
The General Data Protection Regulations 2018 come into effect on 25th May 2018.
In this document, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to the committee of VMCC East Lancs (including any representative acting with its authority, such as a run organiser).
VMCC East Lancs may change its policy from time to time by updating this document. You can check by visiting our website (www.vmcceastlancs.co.uk) or by asking the Section Secretary for a paper copy.
This policy is effective from 20th May 2018.
What information VMCC East Lancs collects from its members
We ask you for your permission to keep thefollowing information:
• date of birth/age
• VMCC membership number
• landline and mobile telephone numbers
• email address
• home address, including postcode
• details of any trophies you hold from the annual Presentation of Awards
Only the email address is kept on computer; the other information about you is kept in paper form only so that it is not accessible online.
How we comply with the new legislation
Members of VMCC East Lancs are asked to fill in an Information Form. This form contains a heading for each item of data collected (name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) followed by a tick box; ticking this box gives permission for VMCC East Lancs to hold and retain that particular item of data. Each member may instruct the VMCC East Lancs secretary to delete any or all of their personal information at any time (contact details on www.eastlancsvmcc).
How we protect your personal information and email address
We hold your personal information securely in both paper and electronic form. Your email address is held as part of an encrypted WORD file on a computer so that a single email can be sent to all the contact addresses at the same time. These emails are sent ‘bcc’; the recipient of the email cannot see other receivers’ email addresses, only the email address of the sender. We do this so that, should any one member’s computer become infected by a virus or be hacked, other email addresses are protected.We keep only your email address on computer, additional information about you is kept in paper form.
VMCC East Lancs has a policy not to distribute information we hold about you to anyone else until we have your permission, except under exceptional circumstances (for instance, when asked by police in the course of their duties or by emergency services in the event of an accident).
What we do with the information we gather
• VMCC East Lancskeeps its internal record keeping up-to-date;
• VMCC East Lancs collects information: from time to time, we may contact you by email, phone, mail or through our website to help us improve events and activities;
• VMCC East Lancsdisseminates information: details about upcoming events, motorcycles for sale, or other information which we think you may find relevant,is sent to you via your email address or put onto the section website.
Links to other websites
VMCC East Lancs website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used a link to leave our site we do not have control over, or responsibility for, another website. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement of the website in question.
How you can control your personal information
The collection or use of your personal information by us can be controlled by you in the following ways:
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time.
• If you have agreed to us holding and using your personal information you may change your mind at any time and tell us to remove it.
• To do either of the above contact the Secretary of VMCC East Lancs whose details are on: www.vmcceastlancs.co.uk
David Prismall, chairman,VMCC East Lancs May 2018